Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
My boyfriend cooked this for a dinner a couple of week ago. It was so tasty and tangy, that I could not believe that it was green beans (1 of my least favorite vegetables) Maybe it is because I like that lemony-tangy flavor, but I think it is a great and EASY way to give something extra to vegetables. Oh, he told me he got the recipe from the Stop & Shop website. I hope you all like it as much as I do. Try to exchange the broth and the lemon juice with instant lemon flavor iced tea (prepared as if you were going to drink it) for an extra flavor kick.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lb green beans
- 1⁄2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a nonstick skillet melt the butter and then add the chopped onion and the chopped garlic. Cook on medium heat until the onion gets tender and clear.
- Add the green beans and don't forget to stir frequently. Let everything cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and the lemon juice, let it boil and then reduce heat.
- Let it simmer for 4 to 5 minutes or until you see the green beans are crisp.
Nothing beats fresh green beans. This was made using a red onion. I did cook mine a little longer than the 4 to 5 minutes. Made for *PAC Spring 2008*
Oh, this was Excellent!!! we love green beans and have been eating a lot recently, this has to be the best recipe I've tried so far! I wanted to try using the lemon flavour iced tea, but the can in my pantry turned out to be peach :( , so I simply made the recipe as directed, fast, easy and oh, full of flavour!! this will be a favourite in future! I made them to go with a vegetable quiche, and excellent mid-week supper! Made for PAC Spring 2008, thanks Gabichita!
Made for Spring PAC 2008. These were good and easy to make. Followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the lemon juice as we are not a fan. Everyone enjoyed these.