Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm not on a low-carb diet because I want to loose weight. But first of all, we're not made for too much refined carbs, and then I personally don't do too well with carbs at all. If I feel like wanting some flatbread with zahtar and think I can manage an egg, I do this:
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, ground
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, ground
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husks
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 dash cumin, ground
- 1 dash cinnamon, ground
- 1 dash thyme, dried
- 1 dash rosemary, dried
- 1 -2 tablespoon zahtar mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking oil.
- Heat at middle heat while preparing the batter.
- Cream together egg, tahini, honey, parmesan and salt.
- Stir in sesame seeds and spices, then add baking soda.
- At least whisk in buttermilk and sprinkle with psyllium husks, whisk the husks in and then immediately pour the batter into hot skillet.
- Rotate skillet to evenly spread the batter.
- Turn down heat, if necessary, and let cook until surface of the pancake has set, about three minutes.
- Carefully flip the pancake - it's quite delicate! I transfer it to the inside of the skillet's lid, using a silicon spatula, then cover the lid with the skillet and turn it around.
- Let cook for about one more minute.
- Transfer to a plate, drizzle with olive oil and zahtar.
- I use to let it cool until tepid, then drizzle with oil and zahtar and roll it.
- Alternative: Spread with goat's cheese and top with garden cress or any sprouts you might grow.