I got this recipe from a friend last summer and have enjoyed it ever since. It is simple but does take some planing ahead (It takes 24-48 hours to marinade). It can be a bit salty to some tastes so I suggest using a low sodium soy sauce. I cook it on our George Foreman and it is wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (does not have to be an expensive one)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (for a less salty flavor I recommend low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional-but adds a delightful smoky flavor) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons instant minced garlic (comes in a jar)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 lbs rib eye steaks or 2 1/2 lbs flank steaks
- 1Combine all liquid ingredients in a medium bowl. Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients. (Make sure all ingredients are mixed completely.).
- 2Place steaks in a shallow, non-porous dish, and pour marinade over steaks. For optimal flavor, rub the marinade into the meat. (I sometimes use a plastic bag for easier storage and clean-up.).
- 3Cover and let marinade in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours.
- 4Grill steaks for 7-8 minutes per side on a lightly oiled grate or until internal temperature reaches at least 145°.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Garlic Marinated Steak
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 894.3
- Calories from Fat 624
- Total Fat 69.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.4 g
- Cholesterol 192.7 mg
- Sodium 1471.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 52.1 g