Recipe by love4culinary
I came up with these when I had some garbanzo beans on hand, and nothing to do with them. I decided I wanted some kind of patty but couldnt find a recipe that I was 100% happy with, so this is what I came up with. I think they are pretty darn good :-) Prep time doesn't include time to cook rice. Cook time is just estimated. I can't remember how long I cooked them...just cook until golden brown on both sides :-)
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 -2 hot green chili pepper
- 2⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 -2 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- vegetable broth, as needed
- oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- First take a large bowl and mash garbanzo beans and rice together thoroughly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except broth and combine VERY WELL.
- If the mixture is too dry to form patties, add a bit of broth to moisten it, but NOT TOO MUCH.
- Form small patties (size really doesnt matter too much).
- Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat with a small amount of oil (vegetable oil, or any other oil you choose) and add patties, cooking them until golden brown on each side.
- Do not allow them to get too dark, because they will get too crunchy on the outside if you cook them too long.
- We like to eat these with a bit of lime-chile chutney on the side, and sometimes we'll even eat them with a bit of ketchup!