Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Healthy meal in one.
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- basil, tarragon,parsley
- salt, pepper
- cooked couscous
- Saute all vegetables (after cutting into very thin pieces) in oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add spices and saute another minute.
- Add tomatoes and juice and then garbanzo beans.
- Place in covered cassarole dish and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Serve over couscous.
Delicious dish and very easy to make.A great way to eat vegetables and increase dietary fiber intake.
I would say this is so-so. As I was making it I realized what a strong tomato flavor it would have, and my husband and I aren't big fans. I dumped in 1/4-1/2 cup of BBQ sauce and that saved the recipe for us!
Splendid! I served it over Near East's Tomato Lentil Cous Cous and it was a perfect match.