Recipe by Ilmar Simanovskis
This is a tangy loaf that has the look of a meat loaf. The flavour combinations are fantastic. Topping this with a nutritional yeast gravy provides a great finish.
Top Review by candyernie
Just a wonderful recipe! I, of course am unable to follow a recipe too exactly, but it lent itself well to my variations. Delicious!
(One thing I did was add sunflower seeds for texture.)
- 540 ml chickpeas
- 5 garlic cloves
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml tahini
- 236.59 ml onion, finely chopped
- 473.18 ml carrots, grated
- 473.18 ml celery, finely chopped
- 473.18 ml breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml feta, crumbled
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 4.92 ml savory
- 14.79 ml Braggs liquid aminos
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Place chickpeas, garlic, olive oil and tahini in a food processor and puree.
- Place onions, carrots and celery in a large mixing bowl and add pureed chickpeas.
- Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Place in a greased loaf pan and bake at 325 for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- You can also split the mix between two pans and freeze half for future.