Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty coating for fried chicken!
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- oil (for frying)
- Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry.
- In a large plastic bag, combine flour,salt,pepper,sage,onion powder,thyme, and garlic powder.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water together.
- Place the chicken in the bag and shake to coat evenly.
- Dip in the egg mixture and shake again in the bag.
- Fill a skillet with oil and fry the chicken for 10 minutes, turn, and fry for 8 to 10 minutes.
I increased this by 50% as I was frying 4 1/2 pounds of chicken. I ended up with extra egg and water mixture and short on flour mixture. The flavor was very good and it was a nice change for fried chicken. I will try this again, but will double the dry ingredients and leave the egg/water mixture the same as the original recipe since the average weight of fryer chickens around here is 4 1/2 pounds. Thank you for sharing a nice recipe Christine!