Recipe by superblondieno2
I found this recipe in a Best of International Cooking Book that I have been dying to try. So of course I say to myself, thats perfect for ZWT3 France! Perfect for a breakfast thats full of flavor!
Top Review by Bergy
Great tasting omelet. I made oven fries last night so took a few out when they were 3/4 cooked to use in this recipe. I will add a pinch of rosemary next time I make it. I used my last leek from the garden (it was a small one) Cut the recipe back to a 2 egg omelet. Thanks for a lovely Sundy Brunch
- 6 -8 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 potatoes, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese, finely chopped (2 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 fresh parsley sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Crumble cooked bacon;.
- set aside. Add 1 tablespoon oil to bacon drippings.
- Add potatoes.
- and leek; saute until tender. Stir in crumbled bacon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, salt and white pepper. Stir in sauteed-potato mixture and cheese.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet. Pour in egg mixture. Cook over low heat until underside is browned and top is soft and moist. Sprinkle chopped parsley over top.
- Fold cooked omelet in half. Use a broad spatula to place omelet on a platter.
- Garnish with parsley sprig.
- If desired, cook 4 small omelets instead of 1 large omelet.