1/3 Photos of Savory French Omelet
I found this recipe in a Best of International Cooking Book that I have been dying to try. So of course I say to myself, thats perfect for ZWT3 France! Perfect for a breakfast thats full of flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Crumble cooked bacon;.
- 2set aside. Add 1 tablespoon oil to bacon drippings.
- 3Add potatoes.
- 4and leek; saute until tender. Stir in crumbled bacon; set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, beat together eggs, salt and white pepper. Stir in sauteed-potato mixture and cheese.
- 6Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet. Pour in egg mixture. Cook over low heat until underside is browned and top is soft and moist. Sprinkle chopped parsley over top.
- 7Fold cooked omelet in half. Use a broad spatula to place omelet on a platter.
- 8Garnish with parsley sprig.
- 9If desired, cook 4 small omelets instead of 1 large omelet.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory French Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.0
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 460.9 mg
- Sodium 519.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 23.1 g