Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe from Athenos Feta Cheese with Basil & Tomato. Haven't tried this yet, but plan on making it with alfredo sauce. Looks scrumptious!
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packageathenos feta cheese (with Basil & tomato)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 large macaroni, shells, cooked and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce or 1 1⁄2 cups alfredo sauce
- Mix spinach, ricotta cheese, 3/4 of the feta cheese and garlic powder.
- Fill shells with spinach mixture.
- Place in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Pour sauce over shells.
- Top with remaining feta cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Another delicious winner, Minkie!!! Using the seasoned feta sure saves time by keeping the ingredients to a minimum. I used marinara sauce, because I thought the contrast of the tomato flavor would balance the cheese filling well. I also used one of the small boxes of the frozen spinach, since the recipe doesn't specify. I was able to fill 16 shells with the mixture.
TOTALLY AWESOME!! Great taste and quite easy to make as well. Will be making these again in the near future!
This is very delicious, just very rich. Too rich for me! Maybe if I had stretched the filling and filled more shells, it might have been better. Worth making though - just make more shells!