Recipe by Aroostook
A melt in your mouth dish. I'm partial to Maine coldwater Atlantic cod but any firm white fish will do fine. We serve this with fresh bread, fiddleheads and a jar of bread and butter pickles.
Top Review by Derf
This was outstanding in flavour! I used cod but could not get fresh oysters. I used a can of smoked oysters which added a lot of extra flavour and went very well with the cod but obviously added to the calorie count. We loved it and will make it again, I can hardly wait to make it with fresh oysters I'm sure it will be even more delicious!! Thanks for posting a real treat!!
- 1 cup canned oysters or 1 cup fresh oyster
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1⁄2 grated rind and lemon, juice of
- 6 fresh cod steaks (any firm fish of choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Drain oysters and reserve liquid.
- Chop oysters and add to cracker crumbs, melted butter and seasonings.
- Place cod steaks in a greased baking pan.
- Spread mixture evenly over steaks.
- Add enough water to oyster liquid to make a cup.
- Pour liquid around fish.
- Cover w/ oiled paper or any baking sheet available.
- Bake 30 minutes covered.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes uncovered.