1/2 Photos of Savory Downeast Cod Steaks
A melt in your mouth dish. I'm partial to Maine coldwater Atlantic cod but any firm white fish will do fine. We serve this with fresh bread, fiddleheads and a jar of bread and butter pickles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- 2Drain oysters and reserve liquid.
- 3Chop oysters and add to cracker crumbs, melted butter and seasonings.
- 4Place cod steaks in a greased baking pan.
- 5Spread mixture evenly over steaks.
- 6Add enough water to oyster liquid to make a cup.
- 7Pour liquid around fish.
- 8Cover w/ oiled paper or any baking sheet available.
- 9Bake 30 minutes covered.
- 10Bake an additional 15 minutes uncovered.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Downeast Cod Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.2
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 487.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: