Recipe by Cookin'withGas
adapted from a recipe found in Taste of Home's Annual Recipes 2000 to make it more heart healthier...Placed here for safekeeping!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cooked ham, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a bowl, combine the flours, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, dry mustard, salt, baking soda and ground cloves.
- In another bowl, combine the egg substitute, milk, oil and dijon mustard; combine the wet and dry mixtures, stirring until just moistened; fold in ham.
- Fill non-stick or paper lined muffin tins, approximately ¾ full; bake 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
- This recipe is an excellent candidate for OAMC use, just bake and freeze!