1/2 Photos of Savory Curried Rice With Dried Fruit
The Pantry Elf's Note:
This rice not only looks beautiful, but it's bursting with savory flavors, and your house will smell delicious when you cook this! This is a recipe I adapted from Taste Of Home's Holiday Recipes. I made it my own by altering a few ingredients and adding others, but yield amount and cooking time/method are the same. I like to make the rice mix a day or two ahead to let all the flavors meld. This makes 2 batches of rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup dried mixed fruit (I use a mixture of dates, apricots, and cranberries)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins or 1/2 cup sultana
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. You can do this a day or two in advance to allow flavors to meld, but it's not necessary.
- 2Combine water and butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 3Add 2 cups rice mix, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- 4NOTE: I make this a complete meal by adding cooked chicken thighs. You can store this rice mix in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Curried Rice With Dried Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.5
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 1122.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried mixed fruit