1/1 Photo of Savory Crock-Pot Steak
7 hrs 20 mins
After reading several recipes for traditional Swiss Steak, I made up this version from things I had on hand. DH really liked it and said it was "a keeper".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs beef eye round, sliced to half inch thickness
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons tomato bouillon
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons potato starch (for thickening)
- 11. Mix flour with seasoning salt to your taste, then dredge steaks in flour and pound with meat hammer or edge of plate to incorporate flour into steaks.
- 22. Heat olive oil in heavy skillet and brown the steaks to seal in juices.
- 33. Place sliced onion in bottom of 5-6 qt slow cooker.
- 44. Place browned steaks over the onions.
- 55. Mix together remaining ingredients, EXCEPT potato starch flour, and pour the mixture over the meat.
- 66. Cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or until meat is fork tender.
- 77. Remove meat from slow cooker and set aside.
- 88. Mix potato starch flour with about 1/4 cup water then slowly stir into the liquids in the slow cooker until thickened. Return meat to cooker to keep warm.
- 99. I served this with with gravy poured over rice.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Crock-Pot Steak
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.9
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 93.9 mg
- Sodium 888.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 45.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: