Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe won the 1974 Pillsbury Bake-Off. There's another recipe posted that's similar yet slightly different. Doris Castle of River Forest, IL won $25,000
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened (or butter)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped (or onion)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon pimiento, chopped (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted (or butter)
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned croutons, crushed
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese and 1 tablespoon softened margarine; beat until smooth.
- Add chicken, chives, salt, pepper, milk and pimientos; mix well
- Separate dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture; twist firmly. Pinch edges to seal.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush tops of sandwiches with 1 tablespoon melted margarine; sprinkle with crushed croutons.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
GREAT recipe. My 15 year old daughter made this for supper one night and everyone loved it. We used a rotisserie chicken. The presentation is impressive too!
This recipe is amazing. So delicous! I always keep extra cooked chicken in the freezer, which makes this recipe super easy. Sometimes, I make the squares into very small, bite-sized pockets, which are excellent for a hot appetizer. Very yummy!
This is the recipe I have been using for years, and it has been loved each time I have made it. It is astounding that something essentially using up leftovers can look so elegant, and can be fit to serve for a company meal.