Recipe by Southern Lady
This recipe won the 1974 Pillsbury Bake-Off. There's another recipe posted that's similar yet slightly different. Doris Castle of River Forest, IL won $25,000
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened (or butter)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped (or onion)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon pimiento, chopped (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted (or butter)
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned croutons, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese and 1 tablespoon softened margarine; beat until smooth.
- Add chicken, chives, salt, pepper, milk and pimientos; mix well
- Separate dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture; twist firmly. Pinch edges to seal.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush tops of sandwiches with 1 tablespoon melted margarine; sprinkle with crushed croutons.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.