Recipe by Lali
These are very good. You can also make them smaller using the "triangle" instead of the "square" and have as an appetizer instead of the main course.
Top Review by Clarebear
These were delicious and dissappeared quickly. I used about 1/3 cup of mushrooms instead of the olives. I had quite alot of filling left though so I made some pastry, cut into rounds, spooned on the mixture, folded in half and crimped the edges with a fork. They turned out great too!
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups cooked cubed boneless chicken or 2 (5 ounce) cans boneless chicken
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped olive (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 3⁄4 cup crushed crouton
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend cream cheese with 2 Tbsp butter until smooth.
- Add next five ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon 1/2 C meat mixture onto 2"triangles" of dough.
- (don't separate, so you actually have a "square") Pull 4 corners to the top, center of mixture and twist slightly and seal edges by pinching.
- Brush tops with remaining butter and sprinkle with croutons Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes in a 350* oven until golden brown.