Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dish is so simple, yet when you eat it, you feel like a gourmet chef! Anyone you serve it to will feel the same!
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento (optional)
- 8 ounces crescent dinner rolls
- Heat oven to 350. In medium bowl, blend cream cheese and 2 T.butter until smooth. Add next 6 ing. Mixing well Separate crescent rolls into 4 rectangles;firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon ½ cup meat mixture onto center of each rectangle. Pull four corners of dough to top center of chicken mixture,twist slightly and seal edges. Brush tops with 1T.butter (or use the butter crescents and leave this step off). Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 20-25minutes or until golden brown.
Great Recipe! I will definitely be making these again and again!<br/><br/>To the recipe: I added onion powder and dried chives (didn't have fresh), And..After I sealed up the edges of the crescents, I brushed with butter and added Italian bread crumbs to the top before putting in the oven. And I did NOT add the pimento. DELISH!
These are the best! I used reduced fat cream cheese, reduced fat crescent rolls, and omitted the milk/pimentos. I also used a dash of onion powder instead of the chopped onion. So yummy -- the perfect lunch! Thanks for sharing.
SPRING PAC 2009: This recipe goes together quickly and is a nice dish for when you are in a hurry. I think it needs a little more flavor so next time I will cook my chicken differently other than boiling in poultry seasoning...maybe some garlic? The kids really liked it and I enjoyed the flavor that the pimento gave it.