Recipe by michEgan
I got this recipe from my favorite magazine, "Country". It is so yummy, you just gotta try it!
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons additional chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, saute onion and garlic till tender. Add the tomatoes, broth, water and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the cream, sherry or additional broth, basil and sugar. Cook for 1 minute or till heated through. DO not boil!