Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe on the local news channel during their cooking segment and wanted to share it.
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups orange juice or 1 3⁄4 cups broth or 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 box seasoned cornbread stuffing mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat butter in large skillet.
- Add onion and celery.
- Cook on medium-high heat for a minute to soften vegetables.
- Add cranberries and juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and lower heat to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add stuffing and mix well.
- Pack stuffing into a well-greased leaf pan.
- Cover and bake for about half an hour.
- For crisper top, remove cover and bake for additional 5 to 10 minutes.