Recipe by Laurie150
Homemade crackers. My family says that they taste just like "Breton" crackers. Below, I actually used more starch and less flour combination (still totaling 3/4 cup). I also didn't really measure the Italian seasoning or garlic powder.
Top Review by Snowpeas
I am really impressed with these crackers! They have to be the best GF crackers I've made. I didn't have any sesame seeds on hand today, but they are fine without them. I actually got 31 crackers out of the recipe. I used a votive candle glass as my cutter. Super! thanks for the recipe!
- 118.29 ml brown rice flour
- 59.14 ml potato starch
- 2.46 ml xanthan gum
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml italian seasoning
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml sunflower oil
- 14.79 ml honey
- 44.37 ml sesame seeds, toasted
- 29.58-44.37 ml soymilk, unsweetened
- 2.46 ml cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease cookie sheet, use parchment, or use a silicone baking mat (that is what I used).
- Mix together flours, gum, soda, salt, seasonings.
- Mix together oil, honey, and stir into flour mix. Add sesame seeds, then milk and vinegar. Start with the 2 tablespoons of milk, and see if you need that splash more.
- Roll out thinly, then use a cookie cutter to make into crackers (I used a small circle, about the size of Ritz).
- Bake for about 12 minutes (they start to brown nicely, then flip and bake for about 4-8 more. Depends how thick you made 'em!
- *Note: there are some I've stored in the freezer, and we haven't re-tried them yet, but I'll update when we do!