Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was a winner in the Pillsbury Bake-off. Great appetizer! Time includes bake time and chill time.
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 20 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) can lump crabmeat, drained
- Heat oven to 350°F In small bowl, mix crust ingredients. Press mixture in bottom of ungreased springform pan. Bake 5-9 minutes (until light golden brown).
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat filling ingredients except eggs and crabmeat on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each. Stir in crabmeat. Pour filling over crust. Bake an additional 40-50 minutes (use 9" pan). Cool for 30 minutes.
- With a knife, loosen edges of cheesecake. Cool an additional 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with cocktail sauce and crackers.
Very, very tasty, even without the crabmeat (I didn't have any on hand and didn't want to run to the store!) Next time I'll do it "right" and it'll be even better! Thanks for sharing.
My family really enjoyed this appetizer. I did add more cayenne as we like spicy foods. I'd like to try this using shrimp the next time I make it. Thanks for sharing!