1/1 Photo of Savory Country-Style Spareribs
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is a result of trying different combinations over the years. It will continue to evolve because, for me, a recipe is just a starting point when I cook. Country-style ribs are not really ribs in the true sense, they are meatier and often are boneless. But the end results are just as delicious! These are good served with a tossed green or Caesar salad and Savory Onion Potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 lbs country-style spareribs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (5/8 ounce) packets Italian salad dressing mix (I use Good Season's Zesty Italian)
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon frank's hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Place spare ribs in a large bowl or gallon size zip-lock bag.
- 3Add olive oil and zesty Italian dressing packets.
- 4Mix well. Refrigerate and marinade for at least 1 hour. (You can leave it in the marinade over night if you want).
- 5Microwave on high for 10-15 minutes, or until ribs are brown, but not cooked through. I microwave them in the bag but you can put them in a microwave safe dish if you prefer. (I use a freezer bag which is thicker and holds up to the heat. I open the seal to vent and place it in a bowl or on a plate - just in case - but have never had a problem).
- 6While ribs are in microwave, combine the remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until well dissolved and heated through.
- 7Remove ribs from bag and place in a deep 9 x 13 pan that has been prepared with non-stick cooking spray.
- 8Pour sauce over ribs, covering evenly.
- 9Bake for 1 hour, until ribs are cooked through.
- 10Baste occasionally, if desired.
- 11NOTE:***These can also be cooked on the grill with delicious results, just baste them frequently and watch them carefully so they do not burn.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Country-Style Spareribs
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1123.4
- Calories from Fat 661
- Total Fat 73.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 242.3 mg
- Sodium 1468.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 55.0 g
- Protein 48.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix