Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you're tired of just plain corn, try this version. This is from the Officer's Wives' Cookbook, and I tried it the first time in 1987 with baked pork chops.
- 3 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 16 ounces corn
- 1⁄4 cup green chili
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Fry the onion with the bacon.
- Drain but save 2 tablespoons bacon grease.
- Add 1 can corn, drained.
- Add bacon grease.
- Add sour cream.
- Add diced mild green chilies (1/4 cup of a can).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle paprika.
Quite good! I left out the bacon and friend the onion in a bit of canola oil instead to make this dish meatless. Very easy to put together! DH requested this again! Thanks for posting! Made for the July 2010 Veggie Swap for my chosen partner! Sorry to be so late!
Nice way todress up corn for anice side dish! We love green chiles anyway the bacon (might have added a bit more than called for) worked nicely with the onions. I did cut back the sour creama bit as we didn't feel as much was needed for our taste. Deelish! ***PAC Sept 2007***