Recipe by Toni in Colorado
If you're tired of just plain corn, try this version. This is from the Officer's Wives' Cookbook, and I tried it the first time in 1987 with baked pork chops.
Top Review by ~SarahBeth~
Quite good! I left out the bacon and friend the onion in a bit of canola oil instead to make this dish meatless. Very easy to put together! DH requested this again! Thanks for posting! Made for the July 2010 Veggie Swap for my chosen partner! Sorry to be so late!
- 3 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 16 ounces corn
- 1⁄4 cup green chili
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the onion with the bacon.
- Drain but save 2 tablespoons bacon grease.
- Add 1 can corn, drained.
- Add bacon grease.
- Add sour cream.
- Add diced mild green chilies (1/4 cup of a can).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle paprika.