Recipe by Normaone
This is another inexpensive, easy to make recipe. it would make a nice brunch, lunch dish, or a side to dinner. It's yummy as is, but fresh corn would make it even better.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb lean ham, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup diced sun-dried tomato
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn kernel, drained if canned,thawed if frozen
- 1⁄3 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream (or milk)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350^F.
- Spray four 5oz.
- custard cups with cooking spray.
- Place cups in a 9 x 9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium skillet, combine oil, ham, jalapeno, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Saute over medium heat until vegetables are tender but not brown.
- Stir in the corn and divide among the custarad cups.
- Top each with some of the cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and blend in the cream, milk, and salt.
- Pour over the vegetables in the cups.
- Place the baking pan on the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the cups.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.