Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was inspired by an appetizer we had @ Garrett's Café that looked great, but fell far short. This is my interpretation of it. Served with a little chipotle dressing.
- 3 ears fresh corn
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup complete pancake mix
- 7 ounces milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 ounces smoked gouda cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Cut bacon into thirds, cook off to desired doneness, drain reserving a tablespoon of bacon fat, set aside.
- Cut kernels from 3 ears of fresh corn and scrape corn milk into bowl with kernels. Add cornmeal, pancake mix & salt to corn, gently stir in milk until combined.
- Preheat griddle to medium-high, grease with a little bacon fat, drop scant 1/4 cups of pancake batter onto griddle, cook until bubbles start to pop, flip, cook until golden on second side. Repeat with remaining batter, should make 12 pancakes.
- Preheat broiler. Spread pancakes in an even layer on broiler safe pan. Top each pancake with 2-3 slices of avocado, 2 pieces of bacon, and smoked gouda. Broil 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted & just starting to turn golden.