1/1 Photo of Savory Corn & Basil Pudding
This is a lovely side dish that can be enjoyed for Brunch, lunch or dinner.. Great flavor. I increased the hot sauce from the original recipe so cut back if you like mild. This recipe with a few minor changes by me is from "Cooking Pleasures" the official magazine of the "Cooking Club of America"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Generously butter a 4 cup low baking dish (gratin dish).
- 3Scrape your corn off the husks- To do this you run a paring knife down the middle of each row of corn, hold the ear over a large bowl and with the back of a spoon scrape the ear from top to bottom- this removes the juice and pulp but leaves the tough skins of the kernals behind.
- 4You should have apprx 1 1/2 cups of corn pulp.
- 5In a bowl whisk the flour, cornmeal& eggs until very smooth.
- 6Whisk in the egg yolks, milk, butter salt& hot pepper sauce.
- 7Stir in the basil& corn pulp.
- 8Pour into the baking dish bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Corn & Basil Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.8
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 194.3 mg
- Sodium 266.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 11.2 g