This is a lovely side dish that can be enjoyed for Brunch, lunch or dinner.. Great flavor. I increased the hot sauce from the original recipe so cut back if you like mild. This recipe with a few minor changes by me is from "Cooking Pleasures" the official magazine of the "Cooking Club of America"
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously butter a 4 cup low baking dish (gratin dish).
- Scrape your corn off the husks- To do this you run a paring knife down the middle of each row of corn, hold the ear over a large bowl and with the back of a spoon scrape the ear from top to bottom- this removes the juice and pulp but leaves the tough skins of the kernals behind.
- You should have apprx 1 1/2 cups of corn pulp.
- In a bowl whisk the flour, cornmeal& eggs until very smooth.
- Whisk in the egg yolks, milk, butter salt& hot pepper sauce.
- Stir in the basil& corn pulp.
- Pour into the baking dish bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.