Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A Pillsburry Bake -Off contest winning recipe. I omit the green pepper because of personal taste. Putting it here for safekeeping
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs (seperated)
- 3⁄4 cup pillsbury self rising flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (8 ounce) package bacon (crisply cooked and crumbled)
- 1 dash pepper
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease a 2 quart casserole.
- In large bowl combine milk and egg yolks, blend well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup. level off.
- Add flour,cornmeal,baking powder,and pepper.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in green pepper, corn and bacon.
- In a small bowl beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold into corn mixture.
- Pour into greased casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 55-70 minutes or until center is firm.