Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A family favourite. Cook time is Refrigerator time.
- 1 cabbage, shredded
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, finely diced
- 1⁄4 red onion, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- fresh ground black pepper
- Add all the cut vegetables to a large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together, pour over the coleslaw and mix well.
- Chill for about an hour before serving.
Oh so good, and so easy. Just get a cabbage, start cutting add the lovely vegetables, mix dressing, and eat this lovely bowl of goodness, and RIGHT NOW! Instead of red onions, I added green onions, (scallions) chopped finely....and it was scrumptious and will make often. Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* October 2009
Very tasty slaw! The slaw lover in the house raved about it. I had never used cucumber, red onion or celery in slaw and they add a nice extra crunch to it. The dressing is not too sweet, as some can be. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.