This can be made as a "pie" or in ramekins. I came up with it to serve as an Oeuf (egg) course in a very fancy dinner. Seasonal is always best!!!!! Among the long list of possible veggies are cherry tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, red or green peppers, asparagus, artichoke, corn, etc...... Choose your herbs based on the veggie(s) chosen. I guess you could use ham, bacon, or other meat. Basically in a ramekin fill it with your flavors of choice and top with the liquid. Good option to quiche if you want to save some calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2If you are going to make a pie scale to serve 8 and bake longer. I use ramekins.
- 3In large measuring cup or bowl with spout, whisk milk, cream, egg, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the flour and herbs chosen.
- 4Arrange your chosen "stuff". It should fill the ramekin to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch below top -- most ramekins have a natural line.
- 5Pour liquid to cover.
- 6Place ramekins on sheet pan of some sort and pour in about 1/2" of water. this is not necessary, but nice.
- 7Bake ramekins 35 minutes. If a pie 50-60 minutes.
- 8I like to serve while still hot. Can be served at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Clafouti (Choose Your Veggies and Spices)
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.9
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 166.6 mg
- Sodium 264.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: