Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This can be made as a "pie" or in ramekins. I came up with it to serve as an Oeuf (egg) course in a very fancy dinner. Seasonal is always best!!!!! Among the long list of possible veggies are cherry tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, red or green peppers, asparagus, artichoke, corn, etc...... Choose your herbs based on the veggie(s) chosen. I guess you could use ham, bacon, or other meat. Basically in a ramekin fill it with your flavors of choice and top with the liquid. Good option to quiche if you want to save some calories.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- If you are going to make a pie scale to serve 8 and bake longer. I use ramekins.
- In large measuring cup or bowl with spout, whisk milk, cream, egg, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the flour and herbs chosen.
- Arrange your chosen "stuff". It should fill the ramekin to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch below top -- most ramekins have a natural line.
- Pour liquid to cover.
- Place ramekins on sheet pan of some sort and pour in about 1/2" of water. this is not necessary, but nice.
- Bake ramekins 35 minutes. If a pie 50-60 minutes.
- I like to serve while still hot. Can be served at room temperature.