Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
Another old crumpled up recipe found in the bottom of my recipe box! Ribs the way my mother used to make them. (Prep time is approximate and cook time includes simmering the ribs)
- 4 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place spareribs in Dutch oven.
- Add enough salted water to cover.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer covered for 1 hour or until ribs are tender; drain.
- Place in 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In medium skillet, saute onion in butter.
- Stir in remainming ingredients and cook until heated through.
- Pour sauce over ribs.
- Bake for 30 minutes, basting occasionally.