Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
One of the best pot roasts I have ever made. It has a thick rich gravy and amazing flavor.
- 1 (3 lb) boneless chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package onion and mushroom soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet sherry
- 1⁄2 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup halved fresh mushrooms
- Cut 8-10 slits in roast, sprinkle with vinegar and garlic salt then dredge in flour.
- Brown roast on all sides in hot oil.
- Transfer to baking pan or slow cooker.
- Stir together soup mix, sherry and coffee.
- Pour over roast.
- Add mushrooms.
- Bake at 350 for 3 hours.
Thank you Virginia for an easy and delicious recipe!! I used fresh garlic in this and doubled the mushrooms. The gravy was exceptionally good! I let it cook in the oven for about 4 hours, at 325*. It was moist and tender. Will make this again!
I didn't have onion/mushroom so just used the onion. Also, did not have sweet sherry, so used merlot and added a couple of bay leaf. It was great!!! Thanks for the great recipe!!
It was the best chuck roast I've ever had. My husband loved it and my children, who normally would not eat anything like a roast, liked it. White vinegar is listed as an ingredient, however, there is no mention of it in the directions. I stirred it in with the soup mix, sherry, and coffee. I assume that was correct because it sure was good!