Recipe by Virginia Chandler
One of the best pot roasts I have ever made. It has a thick rich gravy and amazing flavor.
Top Review by MizzNezz
Thank you Virginia for an easy and delicious recipe!! I used fresh garlic in this and doubled the mushrooms. The gravy was exceptionally good! I let it cook in the oven for about 4 hours, at 325*. It was moist and tender. Will make this again!
- 1 (3 lb) boneless chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package onion and mushroom soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet sherry
- 1⁄2 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup halved fresh mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 8-10 slits in roast, sprinkle with vinegar and garlic salt then dredge in flour.
- Brown roast on all sides in hot oil.
- Transfer to baking pan or slow cooker.
- Stir together soup mix, sherry and coffee.
- Pour over roast.
- Add mushrooms.
- Bake at 350 for 3 hours.