1/1 Photo of Savory Chuck or Pot Roast With Vegetables
5 hrs 5 mins
Very tough and inexpensive cuts of meat, made tender and delicious with a wonderful onion flavor and (if you prefer), some vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless chuck roast (or Pot Roast)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour (for dredging)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1/2 cup red wine (or chicken broth)
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 3 potatoes, cleaned and quartered
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup green beans
- 1Preheat oven to 250°F (low). Rub the salt, pepper, and brown sugar into all the sides of the roast. Coat roast with flour.
- 2In a large dutch oven, heat oil and butter over med-high heat. Sear roast on both sides.
- 3Remove roast, and add onion to the pot (the liquid may become blackend, this is from the sugar and is normal). Add the wine, reduce heat to medium and cook onion about 1 minute to deglaze the pot.
- 4Place roast back into dutch oven. Cover and place in oven. Bake for 4 hours.
- 5Add baby carrots and cubed potatoes. Season with italian seasoning, then place green beans over top. Cover and continue cooking for an additional 1 hour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Chuck or Pot Roast With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (562 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 870.4
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 164.1 mg
- Sodium 800.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 47.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: