Recipe by HOUSEMANAGER (Charlene)
This recipe is out-of-this-world tasty. I promise you that you and yours will not be disappointed!
Top Review by Marcie2
This is one of those recipes that will become a family favorite. Adults and children alike will enjoy this "comfort food". Great for a winter's night or a Sunday dinner. The only change I would make is to decrease the soy sauce, as it is a bit too salty for my tastes.
- 6 medium potatoes, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 1⁄3 French-fried onions, divided (I use French’s)
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (I prefer Franks Red-hot)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 pork chops, ½ to ¾ inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350F; In a 12 x 8-inch baking dish layer half the potatoes and 2/3 cup french fried onions; Top with mushrooms and remaining potatoes.
- MELT butter in a small saucepan, stir in soy sauce, mustard, hot sauce and garlic powder.
- BRUSH half the soy sauce mixture over potatoes.
- HEAT oil in a large skillet and brown chops on both sides; Drain.
- ARRANGE chops over potatoes and brush with remaining soy sauce mixture.
- BAKE covered at 350F for 1 hour; Bake uncovered 15 minutes or until pork chops and potatoes are done.
- TOP chops with remaining 2/3 cup onions and bake uncovered 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.