1/1 Photo of Savory Chops Supreme
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
HOUSEMANAGER (Charlene)'s Note:
This recipe is out-of-this-world tasty. I promise you that you and yours will not be disappointed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium potatoes, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 1/3 French-fried onions, divided (I use French’s)
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (I prefer Franks Red-hot)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 pork chops, ½ to ¾ inch thick
- 1PREHEAT oven to 350F; In a 12 x 8-inch baking dish layer half the potatoes and 2/3 cup french fried onions; Top with mushrooms and remaining potatoes.
- 2MELT butter in a small saucepan, stir in soy sauce, mustard, hot sauce and garlic powder.
- 3BRUSH half the soy sauce mixture over potatoes.
- 4HEAT oil in a large skillet and brown chops on both sides; Drain.
- 5ARRANGE chops over potatoes and brush with remaining soy sauce mixture.
- 6BAKE covered at 350F for 1 hour; Bake uncovered 15 minutes or until pork chops and potatoes are done.
- 7TOP chops with remaining 2/3 cup onions and bake uncovered 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Chops Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.6
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 85.2 mg
- Sodium 790.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: