Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A spin on the original chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with a savory abundance about them.
- 1⁄2 cup steel cut oats, ground
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grind steel oats in a food processor until ground fine.
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl: ground oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl, combine wet ingredients: butter, sugars, vanilla and lemon juice until combined.
- Add the eggs to the wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until well blended.
- Fold in the chocolate and peanut butter chips until combined through out.
- Use a tablespoon cookie scoop and drop them onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
- Let them rest in the pan for 5 minutes before you transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Store in a sealed container to keep cookies moist.