Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe from an Ortega recipe booklet. Tip: When served with tortilla chips or crackers, this cheesecake is a great make-ahead dish for parties. For an even more festive presentation, top with jalapeno jelly.
- 35.43 g packageortega taco seasoning mix
- 29.58 ml cornmeal
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 226.79 g container cream cheese with vegetables
- 2 (226.79 g) canortega fire-roasted diced green chilies
- 3 eggs
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 453.59 g jarortega salsa, any variety
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- additional ortega salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.Coat bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine seasoning mix and cornmeal; sprinkle over bottom and sides of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheeses, chiles, eggs and garlic powder in large bowl until smooth. Pour one-half of the batter into prepared pan. Spread salsa evenly over batter. Sprinkle cheese evenly over salsa. Spread remaining batter evenly over cheese.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until edges are set but center still moves slightly. Loosen cheesecake from side of pan with knife. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; remove side of pan. Slice to serve; top with additional salsa, if desired.