Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe from an Ortega recipe booklet. Tip: When served with tortilla chips or crackers, this cheesecake is a great make-ahead dish for parties. For an even more festive presentation, top with jalapeno jelly.
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packageortega taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese with vegetables
- 2 (4 ounce) cansortega fire-roasted diced green chilies
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) jarortega salsa, any variety
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- additional ortega salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.Coat bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine seasoning mix and cornmeal; sprinkle over bottom and sides of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheeses, chiles, eggs and garlic powder in large bowl until smooth. Pour one-half of the batter into prepared pan. Spread salsa evenly over batter. Sprinkle cheese evenly over salsa. Spread remaining batter evenly over cheese.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until edges are set but center still moves slightly. Loosen cheesecake from side of pan with knife. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; remove side of pan. Slice to serve; top with additional salsa, if desired.