Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from Indian Culinary Center. I was looking for any recipe to use my chickpea flour and I love it! It came out great, delicious.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chickpea flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, very finely chopped
- 4 jalapenos, seeds removed and very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Place chickpea flour in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 cup water and stir to make a smooth batter. Add salt, cayenne, onion, ginger, tomato, chiles, garlic and cilantro. Mix well and set aside por 15 minutes.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a skillet(preferably nonstick) over medium heat. Stir once and place about 1/3 cup batter into center of skillet. Tilt pan to spread( as if making a crepe). Cover and cook for three minutes. Turn over and cook, uncovered, for one more minute; it should be golden. repeat with remaining batter, stirring before using.
- Serve hot with chutney.