Chef Dagmar Arrow's Note:
This recipe came from Indian Culinary Center. I was looking for any recipe to use my chickpea flour and I love it! It came out great, delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, very finely chopped
- 4 jalapenos, seeds removed and very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1Place chickpea flour in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 cup water and stir to make a smooth batter. Add salt, cayenne, onion, ginger, tomato, chiles, garlic and cilantro. Mix well and set aside por 15 minutes.
- 2Place 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a skillet(preferably nonstick) over medium heat. Stir once and place about 1/3 cup batter into center of skillet. Tilt pan to spread( as if making a crepe). Cover and cook for three minutes. Turn over and cook, uncovered, for one more minute; it should be golden. repeat with remaining batter, stirring before using.
- 3Serve hot with chutney.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Chickpea Flour Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.2
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 345.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g