Recipe by carolinafan
If you prefer, use boneless skinless chicken breasts in place of the thighs.
Top Review by Chef 313014
Very good! Easy to make. Could use something extra in terms of seasoning but I'm not sure what. I used water instead of beer so maybe that made a difference. Otherwise a very good recipe. Thanks!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup beer or 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 medium bell peppers, any color, cut into thin bite-size strips
Directions See How It's Made
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add onion slices; cook 4 to 5 minutes, turning chicken once, until chicken is brown on all sides.
- Add beer, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (180*).
- Stir in bell peppers.
- Increase heat to medium; cook uncovered 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally until peppers are crisp tender.