Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you prefer, use boneless skinless chicken breasts in place of the thighs.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup beer or 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 medium bell peppers, any color, cut into thin bite-size strips
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add onion slices; cook 4 to 5 minutes, turning chicken once, until chicken is brown on all sides.
- Add beer, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (180*).
- Stir in bell peppers.
- Increase heat to medium; cook uncovered 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally until peppers are crisp tender.
Very good! Easy to make. Could use something extra in terms of seasoning but I'm not sure what. I used water instead of beer so maybe that made a difference. Otherwise a very good recipe. Thanks!