Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A good way to sneak vegetables into a dish that looks fancy without the fuss and tastes good.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; mix well.
- Unroll crescent dough and place in a greased 15 inch x 10 inch x 1 inch baking pan; press seams and perforations together, forming a 15 in x 12 inch rectangle (dough will hang over edges of pan).
- Spread filling lengthwise down the center of dough.
- On each long side, cut 1 1/2 inch wide strips 3 1/2 inch into center.
- Starting at one end, alternate strips, twisting twice and laying at an angle across filling.
- Seal ends.
- Brush dough with egg white; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 375 F.
- for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into slices; serve warm; Yield: 12 servings.
- Country Woman.
I thought this was great. The veggies made it very flavorfull and it was a great way to hide them!
I made this last night for my family. I used purchased Puff Pastry sheets instead of the dinner rolls as that is what I had in my freezer. It worked very well and was delicious. Thanks!