- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces and skinned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 large red potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1⁄2 cup long grain white rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup peas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium high. Add chicken and cook, turning, until golden on all sides, 8-10 minutes. Drain off any fat.
- Add onion, garlic, celery leaves, green pepper and carrots. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, rice, broth, marjoram, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until rice and potatoes are tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in peas and let stand, covered, 5 minutes.