Recipe by Greeny4444
My mom used to make this in the fall and winter when we were in high school, and it was one of the recipes I was sure to take with me when I moved out on my own.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the onion and the garlic in the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for chicken broth and cornstarch.
- Blend the cornstarch into the chicken broth; add to the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.