1/1 Photo of Savory Chicken Stew
My mom used to make this in the fall and winter when we were in high school, and it was one of the recipes I was sure to take with me when I moved out on my own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1Cook the onion and the garlic in the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, until tender.
- 2Add remaining ingredients, except for chicken broth and cornstarch.
- 3Blend the cornstarch into the chicken broth; add to the saucepan.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.7
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1496.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: