Recipe by Wildflour
All baked into a double crust pie in a creamy swiss cheese sauce! Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables.
Top Review by LousyChef
Used leftover Chicken and Ham from Christmas- was easy and delicious! I did saute my fresh mushrooms and the chopped ham a little, just to get some extra caramelization, but everything else was exactly as directed. A lovely pie!
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken, 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 9" pie plate with pastry. Set aside.
- In 2 quart saucepan, melt butter and onion, saute til tender.
- Blend in flour, mustard and pepper.
- Cook stirring constantly over medium heat, 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly til mixture boils and thickens.
- Cook 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in rest of ingredients, stirring, til cheese melts.
- Pour into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Cover with top crust, seal edges, flute.
- Cut slits to vent.
- Bake in 400º oven for 35 minutes, or til crust is golden brown.
- Let stand at least 20-30 minutes before serving.
- 6-8 servings.