1 hr 15 mins
All baked into a double crust pie in a creamy swiss cheese sauce! Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken, 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ham, 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1Line 9" pie plate with pastry. Set aside.
- 2In 2 quart saucepan, melt butter and onion, saute til tender.
- 3Blend in flour, mustard and pepper.
- 4Cook stirring constantly over medium heat, 1 minute.
- 5Gradually stir in milk.
- 6Cook, stirring constantly til mixture boils and thickens.
- 7Cook 1 minute more.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Add in rest of ingredients, stirring, til cheese melts.
- 10Pour into pastry-lined pie plate.
- 11Cover with top crust, seal edges, flute.
- 12Cut slits to vent.
- 13Bake in 400º oven for 35 minutes, or til crust is golden brown.
- 14Let stand at least 20-30 minutes before serving.
- 156-8 servings.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Chicken Pie W/Ham, Spinach and Swiss
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.9
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 109.4 mg
- Sodium 527.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 34.5 g