Recipe by JanetB-KY
A nice casserole dish for a weeknight supper. Homey comfort food at it's best. You can add some extra and/or even different cheeses to this before putting it into the oven.
- 6 ounces thin egg noodles, cooked, drained
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 -8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, drained, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed under hot water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350° & grease a 2 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish.
- In large skillet or saucepan over low heat, melt butter; sauté mushrooms until tender.
- Blend in flour, stirring until smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually add chicken broth, milk, pimiento, and salt and pepper; stir constantly until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in chicken, peas, and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake chicken noodle casserole 20 to 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.