Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious way to eat and enjoy your vegetables Taken from Mable Hoffman's Complete Crockery Cookery
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into1/4 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- fresh minced parsley
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Combine chicken, mixed vegetables, onion, mushrooms and potato in a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine water, tapioca, lemon juice, bouillon granules, white pepper, mustard, sage, salt, garlic powder and turmeric. Pour over chicken mixture. Mix well. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 7 hours.
- Stir in dry milk an cook 15 minutes. Sprinkle each serving with parsley.